Friday, October 18, 2013

Vintage Trick or Treat quilt and 'grinning pumpkins'



I finally got around to taking photos of my Halloween quilt and collection of 'grinning pumpkins'.  I finished the quilt last January - I have been waiting for months to display it with all my pumpkins.  I was really tempted to drag all the pumpkins out in January! 


The quilt is a pattern from Crabapple Hill Designs called 'Vintage Trick or Treat.'  Click here to go to the Crabapple Hill Website.  I spotted the pattern in a quilt shop while on a shopping trip with my Mother.  My Mom and Sister both quilt - I do not.  I fell in love with the pattern and thought it would go perfectly with my pumpkin collection.  I tried to talk my Mom or my Sister into making it for me, but neither of them would!



 So I deiced that should attempt to make the quilt.  The hand embroidery wasn't too difficult to complete.  Before I started the quilt I kept telling myself if it took me over a year to complete it would be worth all the time and effort.  I was pleasantly surprised how fast the embroidery went - only a couple months.  I worked on the embroidery mainly while waiting for my son during his speech therapy sessions and school activities - it was nice to have something to occupy my time.

Anyway - I LOVE my quilt!  It is a perfect backdrop for all my pumpkins.  I am working on a matching table topper - all I need to do is put the binding on.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun display--and all that work really paid off...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt pattern and all things Halloween, especially retro decorations. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...