Sunday, April 6, 2014

Easter quilt


I thought I would post some photos of my Easter Decorations before Easter got away from me.  This is a quilt I designed and made for Easter.  I put the quilt up in my kitchen along with some of the papermache decorations that inspired me.




I think that both the Egg Car and Chicken Rider were made by Teena Flanner.  I love them they are so fun especially the Egg Car!



I made both the Carrot Car and the Plane.  Last year I gave the Carrot car away to my sister so I need to make a new one!  I made the Banner on a Trailer for the Plane a couple months ago.   I have been thinking I should make another the banner out of fabric and soak it in Stiffy - as it would be fun to hang the Plane from the ceiling from fishing line!!



Here is a close up of the Plane on the Quilt.  I like how he turned out.  Although I keep wondering if there is a way to outline the plane more  and put a few details in?

I am linking up to the following blogs ...

  








14 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly, you posted a nice comment on my new blog, Julie Stitches, so I just stopped by to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Quilt and love your antique decorations

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful and unique quilt! I love the colors and the brown bunny looks like he is chocolaty good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how cute! I love how you decorated your space too.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling, darling quilt and wonderful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter Quilt is just beautiful!! I love that you designed it , and made it in the pretty soft and muted tones! It is a beautiful keepsake now to put up every year!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is really cute! It reminds me of Richard Scarry's artwork from his children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Really fabulous work. I'd love to see you join link up with us at the Inspire Us Thursdays! link party at www.theinspiredwren.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious quilt and all the little inspiration pieces are so neat! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable quilt! I love all about it! Lovely decorations too! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope you have a great day :)
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Easter quilt and that's amazing that you made those decorations! They are wonderful. If it's paper mache, how do you get it so smooth and shiny? If you wanted to outline, you could zig zag or blanket stitch it, but I love it the way it is because it looks sort of delicate and lovely and matches the little plane so perfectly. Very darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The paper mach items are actually made with Creative Paper Clay. The Paper Clay is a dream to work with. First you make a form (strofoam cone for carrot car) from various materials like strofoam, ball of masking tape, cardboard, wire, or alumium foil. Then you simply put the Paper Clay over the form. Then let air dry. Then paint - easy peasy. There are lot of tutorials on line just look up paper clay tutorial on google or pintrest. Hope that helps - if you have any questions just let me know!

      Delete
  12. Great quilt. Someday I'll have a bunny quilt I can bring out for Easter....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...